I went to a wedding of one of my favorite couples this past weekend and while I was so excited for this getaway, the packing was more daunting than I thought. Not only was I packing for the weekend away, I forgot that I usually treat my evening clutch like a mini styling kit to tackle any styling emergency that may come my way—other my friends’ ways. I’ve saved many a wedding styling emergency with some of these essentials on my cheat sheet and now you can too, whether you’re a guest, a bridesmaid or a bride…
1. Topstick – Okay, so you may think I’m nuts for telling you that toupee tape is the #1 must in every woman’s evening bag, but how do you think celebs get through an evening without wardrobe malfunctions? This strong double stick tape keep those ladies in your dress. Take note Janet Jackson.
2. Wrinkle Wiz – Don’t you hate when you have your dress perfectly pressed and then you get those horrible lines after you’ve been sitting in a car? Problem solved.
3. Dr. Scholl’s Moleskin padding – Keep pieces of this in your purse to stick onto your shoes for those places that feel like they may cause blisters. Dance the night away. Repeat.
4. Tide To Go Pens – I love how these fit in even the tiniest of clutches and can save you from the drunk girl who spilled on your new dress. Just make sure to dab with water after, so it doesn’t leave a ring around the stain. You’ll thank me later.
5. Travel Size Big Sexy Hair Spray Hairspray – Double duty! This can save your hair do when it’s falling flat AND a run in your stocking.
Rebecca Minkoff clutch – Not essential, but it’s adorbs.