Equipment top (similar) / BDG shorts / Nona E. Rose belt / Bass shoes / vintage bag / House of Harlow 1960 sunnies (similar) / Nixon watch / etc… bracelets
If you couldn’t already tell, I spent last week in the Hamptons with some friends and had my first real getaway vacay in about a year, which was a nice treat.
As per usual, I ended up overpacking and with a lot of red, white, and blue in my suitcase because I felt it was necessary to be patriotically prepared for any occasion during the 4th of July holiday.
This easy breezy top and comfy, yet cute cork heeled shoes were perfect pieces for vacations like this where you need to go from casual-hanging-by-the-pool looks during the day to the Heidi-Klum-just-stole-my-table looks in the evening. #HamptonsProblems
Check out more of my #HamptonsProblems from last week on Twitter.
On Liz: Rachel Pally dress / Christian Louboutin shoes (sample sale, similar online) / etc… chandelier necklace (fall 2012 collection) / vintage clutch and cuff
On Jill: Similar dress online / Christian Louboutin shoes
Loomstate 3-in-1 convertible dress / Urban Expressions bag (TJMaxx) / Simply Vera sandals / CLO bralette / House of Harlow 1960 sunnies (Crush Boutique)
As a stylist working for myself, I tend to forget to take vacations. This past week I managed to trade in the city life for the relaxing vacation life with a wedding at a resort and then a beach house with the bride, groom, and some friends in the Hamptons.
You may have been following my @dear_andi tweets with hashtags like #hamptonsproblems and figured this out yourself.
Of course, you can’t take the city girl out of me and I was probably the only person wearing black out there. Though, my Loomstate multi-functional dress was not only convertible, but could easily transition from day to night.
1- TOPSHOP blazer
2 – Urban Outfitters sunglasses
3 – FINGER IN THE NOSE dress
4 – ASOS clutch
5 – NOIR Jewelry friendship bracelet
6 – TOMS wedges
It’s our nation’s birthday and surely you’ll be celebrating in some way today like I plan on it. Chances are you’re going to have to go from day to night, so items like these will not only help you through that transition, but they can be worn throughout the season.
STYLIST TIP: I got a text from a friend the other day asking if she should purchase a pair of American flag sneakers—to which I replied “NO.” Avoid buying items you may only wear one day of the year (like that “Kiss me I’m Irish” shirt you may break out every St. Patty’s day) and invest in pieces that you can wear all season long and still be festive in.
Elizabeth & James top / Zara jeans (similar online) / J.Lo shoes / Gypsy Nation vintage bag / etc… watchband bracelets / Gypsies & Debutantes friendship bracelet / rings c/o Vanessa Mooney / Free People sunnies (similar online)
With all of the traveling that I tend to do, it’s tough to pack “outfits,” so I usually opt for pieces that are interchangeable—hence my gravitation towards the color black. I love these neutral pieces because they can be dressed down like so, or they can each be bumped up a notch with other pieces.
I went to a wedding of one of my favorite couples this past weekend and while I was so excited for this getaway, the packing was more daunting than I thought. Not only was I packing for the weekend away, I forgot that I usually treat my evening clutch like a mini styling kit to tackle any styling emergency that may come my way—other my friends’ ways. I’ve saved many a wedding styling emergency with some of these essentials on my cheat sheet and now you can too, whether you’re a guest, a bridesmaid or a bride…
1. Topstick – Okay, so you may think I’m nuts for telling you that toupee tape is the #1 must in every woman’s evening bag, but how do you think celebs get through an evening without wardrobe malfunctions? This strong double stick tape keep those ladies in your dress. Take note Janet Jackson.
2. Wrinkle Wiz – Don’t you hate when you have your dress perfectly pressed and then you get those horrible lines after you’ve been sitting in a car? Problem solved.
3. Dr. Scholl’s Moleskin padding – Keep pieces of this in your purse to stick onto your shoes for those places that feel like they may cause blisters. Dance the night away. Repeat.
4. Tide To Go Pens – I love how these fit in even the tiniest of clutches and can save you from the drunk girl who spilled on your new dress. Just make sure to dab with water after, so it doesn’t leave a ring around the stain. You’ll thank me later.
5. Travel Size Big Sexy Hair Spray Hairspray – Double duty! This can save your hair do when it’s falling flat AND a run in your stocking.
Rebecca Minkoff clutch – Not essential, but it’s adorbs.
I suspect this is why my blue is my favorite color…
Have a great weekend everyone.