I couldn’t resist sharing some more of my favorite items in my styling kit that you may want to use in your own wardrobe…
- Goof Off or Goo Gone – Both of these are great at getting the sticky stuff off of everything and I use them a ton on shoots when nothing else will work. You can use this to get off price stickers, gum, marker and anything else that is too stubborn to come off.
- Static Guard – Most women nowadays don’t wear a slip with their dress or skirt—unless it’s Spanx, or you actually like them like I do—so when it starts clinging to your legs, this is always good to have on-hand. I keep a travel size in my kit too for those quick fixes.
- shoe pads (heel liners and ball of feet cushions) – I keep an assortment of shoe padding like these in my kit, and sometimes for those killer (literally) shoes that I own. I’ve relieved many-a-foot with these and suggest you do too.
- leather belt punch – This is one of the best wardrobe inventions ever. With one tool—which is a lot safer than an old fashioned awl and hammer that I’ve nearly taken out a finger with—you can add another hole to your belts.
- Dr. Scholl’s molefoam padding/moleskin – This is another foot saver that I love to have in my kit so when a model complains about a blister, I can have her keep on strutting her stuff. So can you.